The Icon Shirt
We’re proud to show off our newest collaboration with Kitsbow: the Icon shirt for 2016. This shirt is a marriage of wool, Nature’s first technical fabric, with Schoeller 3X Dry panels.
Icon shirt features
- articulated sleeves and cuffs to create an adapted fit ready for riding
- Classic menswear styling
- Perforated stretch gussets at shoulders for increased mobility and ventilation both on and off the bike
- Laser cut 3X Dry Schoeller panels strategically placed over shoulders and elbows for abrasion resistance
- Pendleton Wool woven in Washougal, Washington
- Leather label with hand-branded logo
This shirt happens to be Men’s Journal’s pick for best cycling shirt.
Here’s what they’re saying about it:
“This Pendleton wool flannel shirt has been in Kitsbow’s lineup for a few years now and during testing it’s proven rugged both while commuting and as an excellent piece for hiking and even as an apres-ski shirt. The USA-woven wool is naturally wind- and water-resistant, and a lot warmer than cotton flannel. Kitsbow adds venting and articulation at the backs of the shoulders, as well as subtle patching at the shoulders and elbows, the better to protect against abrasion if you decide to ride singletrack in the Icon. For us the best application though has been as an everyday piece that flows seamlessly between commuting, coffee shop runs, and weekends chopping wood to build a bonfire.”
Just a note, here. Kitsbow chooses the fabrics for these shirts. It never fails that when presented with the full array of our Umatilla wool plaids, they choose the very best of the classic Pendleton plaids. So go see the full selection at Kitsbow.com .
Thanks to Kitsbow for all photography. Now get out there and ride!